Bermuda

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Writing...

Whenever I have a writing assignment, I instanly start to moan, because usually I have no idea of where to start or what to write about. In the past year, I have had to write several assignments so now it is beginning to be a lot easier. The topic I chose to write my first assignment is one that I have wanted to research but did not have the opportunity. So being interested in the topic is always a plus for me!

I find that I have to be in my room, very low music playing and sitting in the middle of my bed when starting a writing assignment. I can not be propped up by a pillow or even by a chair back; I must be sitting straight up with no props. The process which helps me write is first, I just start typing ideas on my computer; second, I begin researching on the library and google websites; third, I choose which side I am going to take a stand on, protagonist or antagonist. Once this is decided, I begin reading my sources and typing a very rough draft. After I have completed it, I reread it and make corrections. I cannot start a paper and finish it at a later time; I must complete the rough draft in one sitting. Once my rough draft is complete, I have to put the paper asside for several hours before I reread it again.

I have found that this website has been amazing for me when making  MLA citations. 
http://citationmachine.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment